Tuesday, August 4, 2015

It's easier to run

7 minutes running, mostly on grass, with puppy (8 minutes total). And a handful of half-assed 60 lb squats after.

I haven't run since the last post, and over the last several days my hips have been getting tighter and creakier. How the frick do I have a body that hurts more when I rest? <sigh> I'm just weak. This will pass. This must pass.

Surely strength is the cure.

2 comments:

  1. Sam raises her eyes at the 60lb squat

    Sam cradles her own 1kg dumbbells and falls to the ground.

    its' alright, sweetie. it'll get there. your body will adjust to your training but you definitely do need your rest. I think I will take another rest day this week but i'm unsure when (i'm starting to lose more on 4 days/week exercise rather than my current 6 days/week). i'm thinking over of switching to a 5 for a nice clear cut balance.

    Sam is trying to look for signs of overtraining but there are none. she supposes it's just because she loses more on 4 days/week because those 3 days are able to allow her to lose some of the water she's hoarding in her muscles. it FEELS like it. gosh, being more on the bulimic spectrum of things can come in handy when you're dealing with any form of water retention (i just know when i'm retaining water. even if it doesn't show.)

    just got to find out what works for your body is all. I find that if I don't exercise as often, my body becomes very weak/tired/heavy. perhaps your body is ready for more. perhaps not. if not, then maybe some light stretching in the morning can help get things along without interrupting your rest day? or a solid hour or so of walking?

    either way, i hope you figure it out soon. the body is weird when you start to train. it's only a little bit into it that you start to realise small things about it. my ego is too big to allow me to be a newbie. note: i cannot stretch. at all. i always do the stretching bits wrong. which is sort of sad.


    God, i love you.



    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That surely must be a sign, that your body loves to move!

    ReplyDelete