It's a size too small, really, but I don't plan on staying this heavy (low 150's; I haven't taken an official empty morning weight yet this year, just spot hicks) long enough to blow $80 on a bigger waist trainer.
In general I don't support waist training - there's a bloody reason we don't wear corsets anymore! BUT my primary purpose is to see if the compression will help with the horrible loose skin I had when I got to the 120s last winter. A secondary benefit could be back support, as the physical therapist says the ligaments in my lumbar spine are stretched.
I'm guessing I'll be able to properly wear it after I've lost about 10 pounds. We shall see.

i had to look up the words "waist trainer".
ReplyDeletei Google imaged it, and saw Barbie dolls. yikes.
i think these sound like logical reasons. i also do not support waist training usually, but i also tend to really want to wear a corset. though i really don't want anything to make my waist smaller.
if only there were /hip/ trainers. then i'd be interested...
-Sam Lupin
I could need one for my back, but doesn't it get hot under there?
ReplyDeleteYes CP, it's heavy material and it does get warm. It's hand washable but it's more comfortable and stays cleaner if you wear a camisole underneath.
DeleteI ordered it online which I wouldn't do for something so expensive when I am a shorty, but Vegas got one for waist training for her wedding. We are the same height and she let me try it on, and it was perfect. She really likes hers.