167.6 and (TMI) I woke up to a shart.
The leftovers made two large plates yesterday, and I fed an odd bedtime craving with dark chocolate chips from my baking stash. The leftovers are gone, which is good, because my next step would have to be throwing out anything that's left because my body is objecting.
Today = no carbs. Muscle Milk, Slim-Fast, almond butter, and bulletproof coffee only.* A freezer bag of veggies if I absolutely can't get to sleep without something bigger in my tum.
The keto people on Tumblr call their no-carb high-fat coffee "bulletproof coffee." I make a Tempestified version that is half coffee, half milk, plus a a tablespoon of cocoa, a tablespoon of coconut oil, and a lot of stirring so the oil doesn't sit in one bubble on top.**
I know milk has carbs. The other things have a few carbs. But it adds up to pretty much nothing when I know I start throwing ketones at 100 g carbs a day. I got there before Thanksgiving and I'll get there again.
The leftovers made two large plates yesterday, and I fed an odd bedtime craving with dark chocolate chips from my baking stash. The leftovers are gone, which is good, because my next step would have to be throwing out anything that's left because my body is objecting.
Today = no carbs. Muscle Milk, Slim-Fast, almond butter, and bulletproof coffee only.* A freezer bag of veggies if I absolutely can't get to sleep without something bigger in my tum.
The keto people on Tumblr call their no-carb high-fat coffee "bulletproof coffee." I make a Tempestified version that is half coffee, half milk, plus a a tablespoon of cocoa, a tablespoon of coconut oil, and a lot of stirring so the oil doesn't sit in one bubble on top.**
I know milk has carbs. The other things have a few carbs. But it adds up to pretty much nothing when I know I start throwing ketones at 100 g carbs a day. I got there before Thanksgiving and I'll get there again.
It's been a while since I read about it, but from memory, you're supposed to put the bulletproof coffee in a blender and it emulsifies and turns creamy. A whisk might help if a blender's not available.
ReplyDeletexx
Thanks, Bella :) I'm a total bum and not great at getting dishes done, so blending is probably smart but not something I'd do regularly. I'll have to try the whisk, though.
Delete