Sunday, August 25, 2013

Spice Nation

Only meal yesterday was a first-time-stop at a North Indian buffet with K. HOLY CRAP it was FABULOUS. It was vegetarian & vegan food, which I knew beforehand. I didn't realize until we got there though, that it meant most of the intake would be carbohydrate. I managed to stifle my panic long enough to stuff myself silly, and did not have a blood sugar crash after, which made me very happy.

I absolutely adore the way Indian food is seasoned. Most of it was overly spicy for me, but if I really like a spicy food I just keep eating and chugging water and crying and sniffling and eating. I have trouble remembering the names, but the korma and samosas and saag paneer were all to die for. The restaurant patrons were 90% Indian, which makes me think it is actually authentic Indian food and not too Americanized.

I was in literal physical pain after. It's like everything swelled up in my belly after I finished eating.

137.4.

2 comments:

  1. Love Indian food. You can actually go pretty low carb with them if you stick to the right stuff (I think I should try some recipes and see how it tastes ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy buffet! ^_^
    fuck me. I love paneer. I love me a paneer masala. I don't like spicy food. I don't mind Indian but it's like...paneer and im dead. that's it. paneer masala and my rice. as for samosas? we have them here regularly. we call them sambosas, and they're tinier. I prefer them over the bigger Indian ones! omgdfspgksgks
    oh well
    it was worth it bby

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete