Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Trying to be a loser

I have been solidly in the 135-136 range since I moved. There will be days in a row when I don't weigh then there will be days when I weigh myself multiple times. I'll have days where I decide I need to start tracking again, then binge days, then days when I barely eat. I'm all over the place, which I guess is just saying I'm my usual self.

Body image issues aren't helped by having a huge bathroom mirror again. I can see myself quite clearly down to upper thigh, so there's no escaping the critical voice that starts squalling every time I'm in there. If I didn't need to check my appearance for work, I'd seriously consider doing a Sharpie mural of some sort over the whole mirror.

Today the scale gave me a lower number, but I don't think I trust it just yet. I'd just gotten up from one of my crash-sleeps, which have happened at least 3 times in the last 2 weeks: I get home from work in the morning, get to sleep somewhere in the 9-11 am range, and sleep the sleep of the dead until midnight or 1 am. It annoys the hell out of me. Part of it is depression, but part of it is night shift schedule and sleep deprivation. The number probably just means I'm dehydrated. 

The good news is, I only have 18 days to go til I am back on days! 18 days. That's hardly more than two weeks, right? Right.

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey. Maybe you should take a break from the numbers and focus on getting a proper eating routine in place. I mean, counting could trigger a whole new set of problems, and I doubt that it will do anyone any good.
    try to take care of your self hon. You know the comment your left Miranda? - You are so much more than the number on the scale.. Try to remember that.

    ReplyDelete