Day One:
Breakfast: Oops, not up early enough for breakfast.
Lunch break: 3 pepper Triscuits 10 g carbs
Turkey, American cheese, and mayo on "carb smart" wrap: 16 g carbs
Dinner: Sausage gravy cheapo pot pie 41 g carbs
3 eggs scrambled with American cheese 2 g carbs
Hey wait, this is day one of transition and I'm actually kind of doing reasonably well?
69 g carbs at 9 pm.
I thought I'd be going crazy jonesing already, but somehow I'm not.
I bought a lot of low carb comfort foods for the transition so I could eat things that are allowed that make me feel good but won't ruin the low carb.
Top of the list are Oscar Mayer cheese dogs, mmm. I also got bologna to layer with American cheese because it tastes like childhood lol. If I'm getting really frisky I'll put a little ketchup on top, but you have to be careful with the sugar in ketchup.
Anticipated bedtime snack: 2-3 cheese dogs. I haven't looked at nutrition info yet but I don't think they'll be more than 1-3 g carbs each.
My low carb rule of thumb has always been max of 100 g daily carbohydrates, but fiber doesn't count toward that total because it doesn't affect blood sugar. I figured with the way I've been eating, I might need to have a more gradual reduction in carbs to keep from going hypoglycemic or having mad cravings. Fingers crossed it keeps going like this.
Breakfast: Oops, not up early enough for breakfast.
Lunch break: 3 pepper Triscuits 10 g carbs
Turkey, American cheese, and mayo on "carb smart" wrap: 16 g carbs
Dinner: Sausage gravy cheapo pot pie 41 g carbs
3 eggs scrambled with American cheese 2 g carbs
Hey wait, this is day one of transition and I'm actually kind of doing reasonably well?
69 g carbs at 9 pm.
I thought I'd be going crazy jonesing already, but somehow I'm not.
I bought a lot of low carb comfort foods for the transition so I could eat things that are allowed that make me feel good but won't ruin the low carb.
Top of the list are Oscar Mayer cheese dogs, mmm. I also got bologna to layer with American cheese because it tastes like childhood lol. If I'm getting really frisky I'll put a little ketchup on top, but you have to be careful with the sugar in ketchup.
Anticipated bedtime snack: 2-3 cheese dogs. I haven't looked at nutrition info yet but I don't think they'll be more than 1-3 g carbs each.
My low carb rule of thumb has always been max of 100 g daily carbohydrates, but fiber doesn't count toward that total because it doesn't affect blood sugar. I figured with the way I've been eating, I might need to have a more gradual reduction in carbs to keep from going hypoglycemic or having mad cravings. Fingers crossed it keeps going like this.
honestly, low carb sounded so tempting yesterday but then i realised: stop, Sam. this is ED talking Sam because you haven't been thinking of this for a while. i equate that if it's something i dwell on a lot, i might actually want it! otherwise. nope.
ReplyDeletei am thinking of going keto in the future though. i have a bunch of ketogenic mono diets that i want to do and here they are from most carbs to least carbs: cashews, coconut flakes, almond butter (the processed type), almonds, Fage 0% Greek yoghurt, meatballs, hazelnuts, pesto + mozzarella, alfredo sauce, pecans, coconut milk (not that semi-watery thing that has like 30 cal/100ml...no, this baby has 840 calories per 400ml, 86% of which is fat - a large portion saturated ! :), similar to actual coconut), tuna mixed with cream cheese, coconut cream, eggs, paneer cheese, roasted chicken, salmon.
i probably won't do all of them. we'll see, we'll see, we'll see. i'm just trying to get through all these carb-rich monos first! the problem with a mono is that they really make you hate the food by the end of it. plus, my raging sweet tooth. though i hope my body can tolerate cream better.
good luck! also, i'm hoping that my ketogenic mono list might've given you some ideas. like i said, i listed them from highest carb to lowest (in my point of view). the nuts are in order. i'd go macademias but i'm not living on gold.
-Sam Lupin