I need to stop weighing myself so much. Part of the trouble is that my scale gives slightly different numbers depending on whether I step on it cold, or after a shower when the bathroom is steamy.
At one point, it gave higher numbers after a shower. Now it gives lower. I don't know when that changed, but at least it doesn't jump back and forth. The trouble is, lately instead of only weighing after a shower, I've been weighing when I get up, before the shower, while the water is running, after the shower, later in the day (weighing just me, weighing while holding something to reset it, weighing just me, straightening the scale so it aligns with the lines on the linoleum, weighing again)...
I'm going to try to get back to only weighing... ONCE... when I get up. I've been getting 144-144.6 lately, and I got 143 stepping on it cold this morning, so I am hopeful that the arrival of Auntie Flo has gotten me out of the 144s (of course, there's the ever present "you're just dehydrated, that number isn't real" thought).
I almost always have a "safe" number in mind when I get on the scale. A safe number means the number below which *It's Really Not That Bad*. A few weeks ago, my safe number was 150. I haven't been able to convince myself 150 is ok though (and now it is laughably high), so I tried to assign a new safe number of 146.
Even though I have not gotten over 144.something, I CANNOT seem to convince myself that anything over 143 is ok. Looks like my safe number is playing its own games now : /
No comments:
Post a Comment