Friday, April 19, 2013

139.2, second day of period (<-explains some of the flushy hotness. This is the first time I've had imaginary hot lamps on me all night, 2 nights before period AND last night. It's only been around ovulation before. Seriously, menopause symptoms at 28? Not funny). Eating every 2-3 hours to keep blood sugar from crashing. My baggies of apples+string cheese and walnuts+M&Ms are holding me over well. I guess it's a little better than only cottage cheese & chow mein noodles (mmm, I know what I need to eat next)? I bought a bag of avocados and am determined not forget and let them rot, so it's been salad with a whole avocado the last 3 nights. Avocado = bliss. And apparently about 3 grams of carbohydrate per ounce, so it's also "safe."

I feel frustrated that I haven't lost weight at all this month, I need to remember that Not Gaining = Progress.

Maintaining is good, because maintaining is better than gaining.

Really, isn't maintaining the most difficult skill of all? Almost anyone can crash diet to a goal weight, but it's what you do when you stop the "diet" that dictates how things play out.

No comments:

Post a Comment