I DID IT!
It was a terrifying crowded icky experience, but I did it!
It was too flipping cold to wander out and swim in the early morning.
By the time I actually got out there, the after work crowd was swarming throughout the gym.
It is much smaller than the super nice gym I used to have a membership, and a lot of walls are windowed to halls and other rooms, so it feels kind of like working out in a very crowded fish bowl.
The swimming lanes were all doubled up when I got there. I nearly gave up, but one of the lanes that was reserved for lessons finally opened up, and I got to swim in a lane to myself.
I also walked and ran a bit on a treadmill.
It wasn't an enormous workout, but I didn't leave myself enough time before the script writer's meeting, and it encouraged me to push the intensity.
I walked/ran for 15-20 min (the treadmill shut off while I had it paused, so not sure exactly how long), including a 2 minute run at an 11 minute/mile pace.
I swam 150 yards. That's three laps: one front crawl, one backstroke, one breaststroke. Very huff. Much puff.
I unwound in the whirlpool, which sadly is coed, and was also crowded much of the time I was there, but mercifully only had one non-creepy dude by the time I made my way over. I swear, some quality time with a water jet on a regular basis is as good as any deep tissue massage for pain relief.
Go me! I'm going to be sore tomorrow...
It was a terrifying crowded icky experience, but I did it!
It was too flipping cold to wander out and swim in the early morning.
By the time I actually got out there, the after work crowd was swarming throughout the gym.
It is much smaller than the super nice gym I used to have a membership, and a lot of walls are windowed to halls and other rooms, so it feels kind of like working out in a very crowded fish bowl.
The swimming lanes were all doubled up when I got there. I nearly gave up, but one of the lanes that was reserved for lessons finally opened up, and I got to swim in a lane to myself.
I also walked and ran a bit on a treadmill.
It wasn't an enormous workout, but I didn't leave myself enough time before the script writer's meeting, and it encouraged me to push the intensity.
I walked/ran for 15-20 min (the treadmill shut off while I had it paused, so not sure exactly how long), including a 2 minute run at an 11 minute/mile pace.
I swam 150 yards. That's three laps: one front crawl, one backstroke, one breaststroke. Very huff. Much puff.
I unwound in the whirlpool, which sadly is coed, and was also crowded much of the time I was there, but mercifully only had one non-creepy dude by the time I made my way over. I swear, some quality time with a water jet on a regular basis is as good as any deep tissue massage for pain relief.
Go me! I'm going to be sore tomorrow...
Yay, good work! It doesn't have to be enormous as long as it IS.
ReplyDelete